Thursday, February 14, 2013

Un-officially Official!!!

Hello again my Lovelies!!! Happy Valentimes Day!!! Welcome to the Jungle!!! Today my topic is work! I know I know, you just got home from work or are getting ready to go to work, why the heck would you want to read about it? Better yet, why the heck would I want to WRITE about it... well, I have a good reason. I told you recently about my new job that I started this past Monday. Well, I am in day 4 of my new career, and I LOVE ITTT!!!!! I haven't done very much at all as I am not licensed yet and wont be until I study my butt off and pass the test. I have not picked up any kind of text book in 8 years or so, so this should be interesting. I used to be good at studying back in high school as long as it wasn't any kind of math, math sucks and I hate it... why do I need it when my smart phone can do it for me?? Exactly!!! Plus, my smart phone is smarter than me anyways, eventually it will be able to do my job for me completely... but that's far off yet.. I hope. For now, I am sitting behind that desk, and am going to work the hardest I've ever worked to study and pass this test and absorb every little thing my awesome boss has to teach me, because she is absolutely the best at what she does!

 

I have never ever ever ever ever ever (sorry had a Taylor Swift moment) had my name on something this cool! I mean I know it's not all glitz and glam, but it's my name on my own name plate... on a desk... where my pictures are... and I can put anything I want in my drawers... and and and it's just so stinkin awesome! I've had my first name on plenty of things, like crappy name tags for all the crappy places I've worked. I had my maiden name, Hensley, on an awesome name tag when I was in the Army. But now, I don't have to wear my name on my chest so people automatically look at my boobs... I seriously think that's why we have to wear them there. They will look on my desk and they will see that I'm someone semi-important because I have a name plate. I know that I am overdoing the whole name plate thing seeing as it's not even engraved... but you know, this is the most exciting thing to happen to me since I met and married the love of my life. So I think I'm allowed to bask in this for a little while. I say that I am unofficially official because I am not yet licensed and can pretty much only answer the phone, do some paperwork, and take your insurance payment lol... but I'm learning and that's the good thing. The voice in my head lately has just been repeating The Offspring's "You're gonna go far, Kid", but only that one line because the rest of the song doesn't really pertain to the situation lol.

Well folks, that's my input for the day. Oh wait I have to say this because my brother in law said it earlier and I thought it was the most hilarious thing I had heard all day. We were watching the news, and I know this is kinda old news, but we were watching a story about the Pope resigning. This is how our conversation went...

Me: That's kinda weird you know. Popes don't normally resign, they just die.
BIL: That's what I thought. The last one that resigned was a long long time ago.
Me: Well yeah, cause normally once you're the Pope, you're the friggin Pope!
BIL: Yeah, there is none of this un-popeing!
(It's probably a good thing we are not Catholic or we'd be banished or something)

Well, Love Y'all!!! Don't forget to tell 'em YOU LOVE THEM!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So Legit! almost to legit to quit *Ponders*
    Un-Popeing... LMFAO somehow I turned it into un-pooping in my head. This is my fav post so far :) OH yea Happy Dance Oh Yea

    ReplyDelete